The beauty of the body is not limited to face or curves. There are many other areas that one needs to care and one of them is the underarms. The discoloration of underarms is the result of some factors like obesity, medicinal conditions, insulin and hormonal disorders. Refer to your doctor to detect the actual cause, but if it is due to shaving of underarms or excess sweat or accumulation of dead cells, then certain steps could be helpful.
Dark underarms could also be a result of antiperspirants and hair removal creams which can be cured by following below-listed home remedies. These remedies are usually available in the home only. They are not much costly and at the same time much known for their proven results also. They are time-tested and much reliable as they do not harm the scheme or any other area of the body. These remedies are easy to follow.
Darkening of underarms is mostly caused due to the accumulation of dead skin cells. Baking Soda owns the exfoliating properties which help in removing the dead skin cells and unblock the clogged pores. It also reduces body odor.
- Form a paste of baking soda with wateror rosewater and apply it on the underarms.
- Scrub for a minute or two before washing it off with water.
- Alternatively, you can use baking soda powder on the skin directly.
- Repeat any of the above procedures thrice a week for effective results.
The exfoliating or the bleaching components present in the orange peel helps in lightening the dark patches on the underarms. It does the job of a deodorant and a scrub which helps in whitening the armpits.
- Take a fresh orange and peel the skin off it.
- Have the orange peels dried under the sun for few days and then grind them into powder.
- Make a solution of two tablespoons oforange peel powder with some milk and rose water.
- Stir the solution well so that a moderately thick paste is obtained.
- Apply it to the dark underarms and scrub for a minute.
- Rinse the area with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Follow this process thrice a week for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Yogurt is not only good for the health but the skin too. When blended with honey, it becomes a savior for the dark armpits. It effectively removes impurities, dead skin cells and controls the body odor.
- Make a paste of two tablespoons of yogurt with one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it all over the affected areas of the armpit and rub it gently.
- Wash it off with normal water after few minutes.
- Practice this method on a regular basis for faster and effective results.
The above three methods are helpful enough to whiten the dark underarms. They are easy to follow. Follow them and feel free to put your hands on the air, wherever and whenever.